Compostable yard waste bags
Many communities have banned the use of PE (polyethylene) plastic bags for yard waste removal, because polyethylene based plastic bags can not be composted with the yard waste or burned. Until now the alternative has been paper bags. Studies show paper bags are difficult for consumers to use and store, have a limited fill capacity (usually 28 gallons), and do not hold up well in wet weather.
Usage testing confirms that consumers significantly prefer BioBag® Lawn & Leaf Bags to paper bags for the collection of yard waste. They find our retail packs easy to carry and store. Consumers like the fact that BioBags give, allowing more waste to be collected per bag. They also prefer bags made from renewable crops to either bags made from trees or petroleum.
BioBag Lawn & Leaf Bags can be set at curbside for up to 12 days before the collected waste will begin to break the bag down. We strongly recommend that wet grass clippings be left on the lawn, where the clippings will quickly biodegrade and add nutrient value to your lawn. Placing wet grass clippings in either a paper bag or a BioBag can stimulate bag decomposition within three or four days.
BioBag Lawn, Leaf and Garden Waste Bags are:
- An easy and durable solution for the collection of grass, leaves and other garden waste
- Breathable which reduce moisture, mildew and odors
- Manufactured in the USA with resin sourced from Italy
- Hold up better in wet weather than paper bags
- Certified Compostable by the Biodegradable Products Institute, meet the US Standard ASTM D6400 and the European Standard EN 13432. More info on our certifications can be found here